Many projects that involve moving soil require that the land first be surveyed for areas that may qualify as wetlands. If the project area contains a wetland, it is necessary to obtain a Section 404 permit in order to perform any filling or dredging. WLA has the expertise to delineate wetlands based on the hydrology, soils, and vegetation of the area and assist in the preparation of a Section 404 permit, if needed.