WLA provides engineering review and verification of renewable fuel production facilities that must comply with 40 CFR Part 80 Subpart M Renewable Fuel Standard. As described in §80.1450(b)(2) of the standard, WLA meets the requirements for professional certification and licensing, independence and experience.
The process for the independent engineering review includes:
- Review facility and process description(s)
- Review process flow diagrams, process and instrumentation diagrams, feedstock lists and energy sources
- Visit production facility and verify data reviewed
- Prepare final report and issue by registered chemical engineer
- Submit report to producer and maintain a copy as required by EPA
WLA’s chemical engineers are licensed in Nebraska, South Dakota, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri. Our location means we can reach many biofuels plants in a few hours. Contact Tom Senne or Fred Scarpello for additional information regarding the verification process.